You have no items in your cart.
Base2Base for Breast Cancer
On the 27th June 2014 Sally’s husband, Colin, embarked on a 2,500 mile journey over five weeks visiting Search and Rescue bases throughout the UK on his way. He averaged 80 miles a day regardless of what is thrown at him, collecting donations from supporters along the way and together make a difference to the statistics.
His stops were:
- Friday 27th June – RNAS Culdrose
- Wednesday 2nd July – RAF Wattisham
- Friday 4th July – RAF Leconfield
- Sunday 6th July – RAF Boulmer
- Saturday 12th July – RAF Lossiemouth
- Thursday 17th July – RNAS Prestwick
- Monday 21st July – RAF Valley
- Sunday 27th July – RMB Chivenor
- Monday 28th July – RNAS Culdrose
The journey relied on the kindness from local communities to let him to sleep the night, and wingmen to accompany him along the way in the support van, thankfully donated by Alltruck, Leicestershire.
He’s had an amazing £3,000 donated by Bond Offshore Helicopters, £1,000 pledged from Oadby Plastics, and Bike Chain Ricci are helping with equipment and clothing. In total, Colin raised close to £6,000 for Pink Wig Events!
Lets make it safe for our future generations. It is also a celebration of survival – for all those who have bravely fought and survived breast cancer. Lets create more survivors by donating today. Thank you.